The Brightside: French Toast From Nurture The Seed
Our latest recipe for the Brightside is another goodie from Nurture The Seed. There is no better way to spoil mama this Mother's Day than breakfast in bed. She is sure to love this crispy French toast alongside many cuddles.
French toast with maple & ricotta
- 1 cup fresh ricotta
- 1 tbs maple syrup
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 6 slices of sourdough
- 3 tbs butter or olive oil
To serve - raspberries and hemp seeds
1. Using a fork, whisk ricotta and maple syrup together in a bowl. Leave aside in the fridge until ready to serve.
2. Whisk eggs, milk, vanilla and cinnamon in a bowl.
3. Add two slices of bread to a dish with a flat bottom and pour the egg mixture over the top.
4. Allow to soak for 1-2 minutes, then flip the bread and soak for another minute.
5. Heat one tablespoon butter in a frypan over medium heat.
6. Carefully lift the two slices of bread from the dish and add to the frypan.
7. Fry for three minutes on each side, until golden and crisp, then place on a wire rack (you can place this rack in a low oven to keep warm if you wish).
8. While the first two slices of bread are cooking, soak the next two slices. Repeat the same cooking steps with the remainder of the bread.
9. To serve, place a large scoop of maple ricotta on top of the toast and add berries and hemp seeds.
Nurture The Seed
By Renee Jennings & Georgia Gregory
Your evidence - based guide to prenatal nutrition.
SHOP GIFTS FOR MOTHER's DAY:
Rad Team Ladies Organic Cotton Jumper - Pink
Rad Mama Classic Tee In Organic Cotton - Natural
Lilac Fields Patchwork Eco Backpack - Ladies
Rad Mama Organic Cotton Knit Robe - Coco
Rad Mama and Floral Check Ladies Organic Cotton Sock Pack
Rad Mama Fleece Crew Jumper