The Brightside: Beetroot Brownies
A rich and earthy wintery treat you will want to eat fresh and warm from the oven! We are all for using root veggies as treats this season. If you are a fan of baked goods like carrot cake or sweet potato bread, then you will love beetroot brownies. They are a great way to get some hidden veggies into the kids too.
- 150g butter
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 180g dark cooking chocolate (at least 70% cocoa) coarsely chopped
- 3 eggs lightly whisked
- 1/2 cup wholemeal flour
- 1/3 cup cacao powder
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
To serve: cream or vanilla bean ice cream.
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees celsius and grease or line a 20cm square dish with baking paper.
2. Place beetroot, brown sugar, butter, and dark cooking chocolate in a saucepan over a medium heat and stir for a few minutes until melted.
3. Transfer this mixture to a bowl and add the lightly whisked eggs.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients (flour, cacao powder, nutmeg and cinnamon).
5. Sift the dry mixture into the chocolate mixture and stir to combine.
6. Pour the mixture into the baking dish and pop in the oven for approx. 30 minutes or until the centre is just firm.
7. Cut into squares and serve warm with cream or vanilla bean ice cream to compliment the rich chocolate.
SHOP OUR COLLECTION OF
Arabella Linen Table Cloth
Arabella Linen Napkin Set
Harvest Alphabet 100% Linen Tea Towel
Joni Rad Cook 100% Linen Tea Towel