Your Nursery Setup Sorted
Style it with our:
Bedding and sleepwear:
- 6-8 swaddles
- 3 sleep sacks
- 3 cot / bassinet sheets
- 3-5 blankets 8 onesies
Nappy change area:
Here is what you will need:
- A changing matt
- 3-5 changing mat covers (Banabae bassinet sheets fit perfectly)
- A nappy bin
- Storage for towels/wipes/cloth nappies/nappy creams etc
- A mobile can also become useful in this area to distract older babies once they start to wriggle away and resist changes.
Handy storage items:
- Bookcase or shelf
- Cane baskets for general items
This is a place where you will be spending a lot of time, so do your research and find something that suits you. We love a rocking chair for babies that need a bit of movement to soothe.
Floor play area:
Having a clear space for tummy time is a good idea. You will need a nice soft rug or play mat with some toys or a play gym. Floor cushions are also perfect for lazing about and reading together.
Style and decor:
If you want to create an overall consistency to the look and feel of your nursery, it helps to pick out a theme, style or colour to start with. Not sure where to start?
Here are a few easy ways:
- Choose a palette of 2-3 colours
- Buy a bedding set as inspiration and establish a theme from there
- Create a feature wall with paint and/or decal
- Buy a feature piece such as an artwork and use the colours and theme to build on
Still a bit lost? Check out our other blogs, where we break down common nursery styles into different categories of drool-worthy looks.
EXPLORE OUR EXTENSIVE RANGE OF NURSERY PRODUCTS:
G'day Gum Trees Tufted Wall Hanging
Marsupial Fitted Bassinet Sheet / Changing Pad Cover
Honey Bunch Nursery Bundle
Sunshine State Fitted Cot Sheet
Sunny Daze Floral Organic Cotton Blankie
Honey Bunch Ringer Organic Cotton Onesie
Checkers Crochet Cushion Cover
Sunflower Tufted Round Rug
Salty Soul Bamboo / Organic Cotton Swaddle